YouTube - U2 - The Sweetest Thing

YouTube - U2 - The Sweetest Thing

Click the link above to hear the U2 Song the Sweetest Thing!

My local radio station had a contest to win a trip to Ireland to see U2 in concert in Dublin. Whenever a U2 song played on the radio, and you were the 15 caller to the station you were put in a drawing to win the trip. 4 winners qualified a day for 5 days resulting in 20 names being qualified. I have a 1 in 20 shot. I called everyday every time I heard a song.......the busy signal became my friend. Well, on Thursday on my day off I really devoted time to qualifying for the contest. I almost missed it. I heard the dogs barking and went to see what all the commotion was about. NOTHING, of course. Well, I came back in the room and sure enough I hear the Sweetest Thing playing. I started yelling "Where's my phone". Found it and dialed several times getting a busy signal. Well, I decided to use some visual imagery and started talking to the phone as If I had just won, well all of a sudden in starts to ring and I could not believe it. I won! A CD that is, as I still have to have my name drawn on Friday after 5pm. Hey, it has to be someone, so it should be me. And quiet honestly I can't think of anyone better than moi. :)

No comments: