Boycott "ORPHAN" Movie - Petition Spot

Boycott "ORPHAN" Movie - Petition Spot


A new movie called ORPHAN will be released this summer. I encourage any and everyone to not see it but also to boycot the movie with the above link. The premise is that a older child who is an orphan is adopted but that she is a bad seed and is does horrific things to her family. Honestly, society already presents Adopted children as second best or as acts as if a adopted child is the 2nd choice when couples cannot have biological children. Or how many people have your heard say " Oh, you don't want to adopt because you might get a bad kid." I think this movie perpetrates that idea. Yes, I realize that all the above mentioned stuff is a inaccurate, but that is the harm of movies like this.

2 comments:

Don and Be said...

Thanks for jumping on board, Melissa!

Dawn said...

The first time I saw this movie trailer, I definitely felt the bile rise in my throat. What a waste of money to produce such a negative and gratuitous "film".

~Dawn
ps ... Courtney Mei's blog is now "invitation only", so please email me at dawn_brian_guinness@yahoo.com so I can add you to our readers :)