As many of you know, my dear cat of 10 years Sassy has been missing since February 15th. I have resolved myself to the fact that she is more than likely not coming home. I have had cats before and they have all either died of old age or a illness..........but they have never simply disappeared. My husband saw not one, or two ,but three coyotes several days ago around 5:30 am about 1/2 mile from our house. I believe that the coyotes have gotten my Sassy. I am not only extremely sad, but angry.......angry at myself as I should have never let her out that night and I should not have fallen asleep. I was in a routine as was she and I got too comfortable as I have never had a cat killed by a predator. I am just so disgusted. I am going to replace my Lost Cat posters with Coyote sighting posters.......to warn others.

1 comment:

Katie Evans said...

I'm so sorry. That has to be hard. we had a cat frowing up that was missing for 9 months. We never stopped looking for her and we couldn't believe after all that time she was still alive. It turned out that she jumped in the Sears repair van one Friday night and was locked in all weekend. The repair man opened the van onmonday and our cat jumped out and he couldn't catch her. She actually found a nice home for the whole 9 month she was away! it was a miracle. I only hope one day the same might happen with Sassy.