5K here we come

This time we were in the lovely town of Windermere for thier 8th Annual Run among the Lakes. What a great place to do a Run/Walk.
Mom and I walked it of course, as did a lot of other people. This one was a little more challenging to walk due to the uneven dirt roads, but we did it. I was a little nervous that Mom was not going to be able to finish, but she did! No medal at the end but we did have Chick Fil A and Panera Bread offering a light breakfast and free water bottles. Good enough for us. Then afterwords we hit up several community garage sales in the area and did a little mall shopping. All in all it was a good Mom/Daughter day. .

1 comment:

Don and Be said...

Hi Melissa,
No, we didn't do the rin this year - we had choir rehearsal for Easter that morning - right there at Windermere Baptist. It was a beautiful day. Thank you for stopping by our blog. it's always good to hear from you - I'm putting you on our Bloglines so I know each time you update. JMei & I will be doing another informational panel on May 2. I believe I will be a board member of our adoption agency in the fall. We are so happy with our whole experience.
Best of everything to you and the family. Stay in touch ....